Sunday, August 9, 2009

Save the butterflies!


Haven't seen many caterpillars or butterflies lately so I started collecting and raising the few teeny caterpillars I found on our mini crown flower plant. So far, 7 butterflies have been released in our yard during the past week with 2 more taking off today.  Only 2 left to go with no other caterpillars in sight... good thing the others are flitting around so hopefully I'll have more caterpillars to collect soon!











Mini Crown flower plant... my fat thumb shows just how tiny the flowers are.
Anyone want seeds?  I have a bunch!











my baby's full grown - ready to make his/her chrysalis soon



















just "born" this morning!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi, do you still have mini crown flower seeds? I've been looking all over Oahu for this flower. Thanks

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.